There are days when you desperately want a slice of a delicious cheesy pizza, but you either have no spare dollar to order one or have no time or desire to spend hours in the kitchen. This easy 15-minute bread pizza will be your savior on those days.
Don't be distracted by the fact that it's bread-based. Unlike many bread pizzas, this one doesn't actually taste like bread. At least not with the homemade bread that we use. If you want, you can always prepare this pizza bread in advance and keep it in your freezer. That way, you'll always have your pizza 15 minutes away.
15-Minute Oven-Baked Bread Pizza
- 1 round loaf of bread
- 40 g butter
- 60 g tomato sauce
- 9 slices of salami
- ¼ medium-sized onion
- ¼ bell pepper
- 300 g grated cheese (make sure to choose cheese that melts well)
- fresh parsley
- For the base, you'll need a round slice of bread. We used a large round burger bun that we made in advance (we always have it in the freezer for this purpose) and cut out the middle part of the desired thickness for this pizza bread. The rest of the bread is used for burgers. But you can also buy a regular round loaf of bread at the store (hopefully, your local store provides such an option).
- Spread butter over the top of the bread. Make sure to reach the very edges - it is essential for the final taste of the pizza bread. Spoon tomato sauce all over the bread.
- Add slices of salami, followed by thinly sliced onion and bell pepper.
- Finally, add grated cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven (with top and bottom heat, no vent) at 185°C (365°F) for 10 minutes. Bake longer for a crispier crust and browner cheese.
- Scatter fresh parsley all over the pizza before serving.Enjoy with a cup of your favorite tea in the winter or with a refreshing drink on those hot summer days.Bon Appétit!