If you're hosting a grill party and have no time (or desire) to marinate meat, this ground beef kebab recipe will tick all these boxes and make your taste buds dance in satisfaction.
This recipe is 100% beginner-friendly, and the list of ingredients is as short as possible. Therefore you'll have no excuses for not giving it a try.
Ground Beef Kebabs
- 800 g ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon hmeli suneli spice mix (totally optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cili powder (totally optional)
- Mix the ground beef with finely chopped onion and garlic, and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well (using your hands or a mixer) to combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours. (When on camping, simply leave it covered in a shade for an hour or two.)
- Form oval meatballs and stick a wooden or metallic spit through each. Ensure the spit remains inside the kebab and doesn't stick out at the top. In total, you'll have around 12 kebabs.
- Grease the kebabs with oil and grill evenly from all sides. If you're using wooden spits, be careful not to burn them.
- Serve with your favorite salad or another garnish of your choice. This lettuce salad with blue cheese is also a great match, make sure to check it out!