Looking for a keto-friendly dessert that will make your taste buds dance? Try these creamy mini tarts that won't do any harm to your keto diet.
Mini Tarts with Plum Jam and Cream Cheese
- 80 g butter
- 30 g erythritol
- 3 egg yolks
- 180 g almond flour
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g blended plums
- 10 g agar
- 300 g cream cheese
- 100 g heavy cream
- 30 g erythritol (adjust to taste)
- sugar-free sprinkles and/or berries of your choice
Make the tart dough
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, erythritol, and salt.
- Leave it a little deeper in the middle and add egg yolks and the melted butter there. Mix with hands until smooth.
- Create a ball, wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Make the jam:
- In a small pot, add blended plums and Agar and heat until 110°C (230°F).
- Then, switch the heat off and leave the jam until assembling the tarts, so that it remains warm.
Assemble and bake the tarts:
- Preheat the oven to 185°C (365°F).
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. You can start by rolling out the dough, however, you can easily skip this step. In this case, simply distribute the dough evenly among the mini tart pans and press it with your fingers against the sides and bottom of the pan to make it smooth and even. Pay extra attention to the bottom of the tart so that it doesn't turn out too thick. Score the bottom of the tarts with a fork.
- Bake the tarts for 20-25 mins. When ready, take them out of the oven and cool.
- Start preparing the filling by adding cream cheese and erythritol to a mixing bowl and whipping until the mixture becomes softer and buttery-like.
- Then, add heavy cream and whisk until firm. Transfer the cream to a pastry bag.
- Pipe the cream to your baked and cooled mini tarts, right on top of the plum jam. Decorate with sprinkles or berries of your choice.