Are you bored of having the same old toast or baked eggs each morning? Why not combine and twist the traditional recipes for a creative and satisfying start to the day?
Soft on the outside, juicy on the inside, with the small bread pieces and crunchy bell pepper adding an extra texture. It will also help you feel full for quite some time and avoid snacking between meals.
This is a very easy and low-carb breakfast idea with rye bread and eggs. If you are on the keto diet, just skip the bread, and you'll be good to go. You can also replace rye bread with wheat or keto bread to better match your taste and diet requirements.
Easy Low-Carb Breakfast with Bread and Eggs
- 1 slice of rye bread
- ½ medium-sized onion
- ⅓ bell pepper
- 6 small pinches of salt
- 50 g heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 80 g cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- Whisk four eggs in a bowl, add heavy cream and three pinches of salt, and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a pan, add bacon, and fry on both sides. Remove bacon and fry the onion until translucent (add olive oil if needed).
- Remove the onion from the pan and fry the rye bread (cut into smaller pieces beforehand) on both sides. Add a pinch of salt to the bread while frying.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread, reduce the heat, add half of the bell pepper and the onion, and fry on low heat until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the remaining amount of the bell pepper, the onion, and the cheese (cut into smaller straw-shaped pieces) onto one half of the fried egg mixture, then fold the other half over. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat until the cheese has melted (for about 3-5 minutes), then turn it over and heat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into three similar portions.Serve with mayonnaise and/or fresh vegetables.