During the grilling season, these grilled pork roulades will help you avoid the boredom of having the same grilled steaks or ribs each day. They're easy and fun to make, and the taste is incredibly rich.
Serve the roulades alone or with fresh or steamed vegetables.
They CAN be if you use keto-friendly teriyaki sauce without sugar (like this one from WholesomeYum). You can easily make it at home.
Grilled Pork Roulades
- 4 slices of pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion
- salt and pepper to taste (we used herb salt but you can use kosher or another type of salt)
- 1 bell pepper (choose any color and size that you like)
- 1 egg
- 20 g heavy cream
- 300 g cheese (70g of which grated; choose cheese that melts well)
- 4 teaspoon teriyaki sauce (regular one or a keto-friendly alternative for a low-carb iteration)
- Tenderize each slice of the pork tenderloin using a meat pounder. Work on both sides of each piece.
- Rub herb salt into each slice of the meat.
- Spoon teriyaki sauce (1 tsp) over each slice of the meat. Spread evenly.
- Add ¼ clove of garlic (minced or finely chopped) on top of the teriyaki sauce.
- Cut the bell pepper into long, thin pieces. Mix with a little bit of herb salt, and add ¼ of the bell pepper to each slice of the meat.
- Cut cheese into long strips. Depending on the size of the strips, place 1-2 strips onto each of the meat slices.
- Add a pinch of chopped onion and roll the meat slice closed. Flatten it a bit to ensure it cooks well.
- Grill for about 15-20 mins at approx. 250°C (480°F).
- While the roulades are grilling, whisk one egg with heavy cream and a pinch of salt. Grate the remaining cheese and add to the egg mixture; combine well.
- Once the meat is ready, add the egg & cheese mixture on top of each roulade and grill (with the lid closed!) for another couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Start grilling the roulades with the closing on the bottom. It will ensure the roulades don't open while grilling.
- To make the recipe keto-friendly, consider using keto teriyaki sauce. It can easily be made at home as an alternative to the regular teriyaki sauce.