This lemon, butter, and cilantro stuffed whole chicken is one of the most effortless lunch or dinner recipes. Simply add the ingredients and let the oven do the magic for you! It's, therefore, a perfect recipe for busy moms who don't have the desire or time (or both) to spend hours in the kitchen. Not to mention that it's also incredibly tasty!
The sauce is anything but plain. The combination of lemon and cilantro is literally amazing! It's rich and rather salty, and the butter adds softness to it. Note, though, that you must have a rather close relationship with cilantro because there's a bunch of it!
The best part about this recipe is that not only is it very tasty, but it's also very easy to make and doesn't require spending hours in the kitchen. So, let's make it a chicken day!
Stuffed Roast Chicken with Lemon and Cilantro
- 1 whole chicken
- 200 g butter
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic
- a bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 0.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut each lemon into eight pieces (or more if large lemons).Mince garlic cloves and chop cilantro.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add soft butter (at room temperature), 1 teaspoon of the total amount of salt, black pepper, cilantro, and lemon pieces. Mix well with your hands, slightly squeezing for the ingredients to combine.
- Place the chicken breast side up on a casserole dish.Rub the chicken with salt and pepper on the outside.Cut small "pockets" into the skin of the chicken and loosen the skin to create cavities for the filling.Stuff the chicken and each cavity with the prepared butter-lemon-cilantro filling and generously add the filling on top of the chicken.
- Roast in the oven for 50-70 minutes (depending on the chosen mode and your oven) at 200°C (392°F). Pour the chicken with the sauce from the baking dish occasionally.
- Serve with your preferred side dishes. When ready, the meat will fall off the bones - soft and juicy. Yummm!Enjoy!