Use this creamy and rich smoked salmon bread spread to diversify your daily sandwiches and as an addition to your home-baked bread. It's a perfect snack with crackers as well!
Bread Spread with Smoked Salmon
- 100-150 g smoked salmon (see notes below)
- ½ red onion
- 180 g plain cream cheese
- fresh dills
- a pinch of salt
- Finely chop the smoked salmon and red onion.
- Add cream cheese, chopped dills, and a pinch of salt.
- Serve on a slice of bread, or on crackers for tasty appetizers in a party. This is also a perfect filling for a lavash wrap.
- To achieve the desired texture, avoid using the thinly sliced smoked salmon fillet that is sold at stores; instead, choose smoked salmon belly pieces, ribs, or other off-cuts or a piece of a salmon steak.