Strawberry season is the best time to give this recipe a try - this keto-friendly and sugar-free cheesecake recipe offers a very light and creamy cake that contains NO SUGAR, NO GLUTEN, and is loaded with fresh and juicy strawberries! It's perfect if you're on the low-carb/keto diet.
Easy Keto Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free Strawberry Cheesecake
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoon allulose
- 4 tablespoon almond flour
- a pinch of orange zest
- 200 g fresh strawberries (can be slightly adjusted to your liking)
- 400 g cream cheese
- 300 g heavy cream
- 6 tablespoon allulose
- 1 banana
- 7 sheets of gelatin
- 1 banana, sliced
- 200 g fresh strawberries, sliced
Prepare the crust
- Separate egg whites from yolks.Add ⅔ of the measured amount of allulose to the yolks and whisk until the mixture becomes uniform and light yellow.
- Add orange zest to the yolk mixture, and whisk it in lightly.
- Add almond flour to the yolk mixture, and whisk lightly once again.
- Add egg whites with a pinch of salt in a separate bowl and whisk until the mixture becomes firm (you'll want to catch the moment when the mixture is just becoming firm, don't aim at the super-firm foams just yet!). Then add the remaining ⅓ of allulose and continue whisking until very firm foams.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the yolk and flour mixture.
- Line your cake mold with parchment paper and smear butter across the bottom and sides of the mold. Preheat the oven to 185°C (365°F).
- Bake the crust for 15-25 minutes (depending on your oven; the crust will become golden brown when ready).
- When ready, remove the crust from the mold, let it cool down, and then place it inside a cake ring that's slightly (approx. 1 cm) larger than the diameter of the crust.
- Layer banana slices on top of the crust. Set aside while you prepare the filling cream.
Prepare the filling cream
- Add cream cheese to a medium-sized bowl. Add allulose. Mix until uniform and creamy.
- Add heavy cream and whisk until firm and creamy mixture.
- Prepare the gelatin sheets as per instructions on the package (make sure to consider the amount of gelatin).
- To prevent lumps, take 2 tbsps of the prepared cream and add them one by one to the melted gelatin while stirring until thoroughly combined. Then add this mixture to the rest of the prepared cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake ring on the crust and banana slices. Shake slightly for the mixture to adapt to the shape of the mold and to even out on the top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 5-7 minutes to allow the cake to set slightly.
- Then decorate with fresh strawberries and bananas and return to the fridge to set completely. It's best to leave it overnight.
- To prevent lumps, it's essential to follow the instructions in the recipe and stir 2 tbsps of the prepared cream into the melted gelatin before adding the rest of the cream.
- You can replace strawberries and bananas with other berries and fruits (raspberries and blueberries, for instance). Be careful with citrus fruits that could prevent gelatin from setting. We haven't tried this, though. If you have experience combining citrus fruits and gelatin, you're welcome to share it with us!