Smoothies are a great choice when you're on a diet or simply craving a light breakfast packed with nutrients and vitamins and good for your tummy. Not only does this banana, strawberry & oat smoothie taste amazing, but it will also keep you full for quite some time. It will energize you for the rest of the day.
For an extra boost to your immunity, add some organic hemp seeds which is a great superfood that will add to your healthy diet.
To make this healthy smoothie, you'll need only a few ingredients:
- strawberries (whole or blended)
- milk (any milk of your choice will do, be it regular milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- hemp seeds (these are optional but we add them to boost the immune system)
In the summer, you can pick fresh strawberries and throw them into the blender. But what about the other seasons? Can you use frozen strawberries? The answer is - you definitely can! We always freeze large quantities of blended strawberries during summer to use throughout the rest of the year in cakes, desserts, and smoothies.
Since we're sticking to the keto diet most of the time and have excluded sugar from our menu, we're not adding it to smoothies as well. In fact, bananas, strawberries, and milk will give you plenty of sweetness. Having said that, you can always add some extra sweetener (whichever you prefer based on your dietary choices) to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Banana and Strawberry Oat Smoothie
- 3 tablespoon oats
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 4 tablespoon blended strawberries (or a handful of fresh strawberries)
- 250 ml milk (we used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed powder
- Prepare the Fruits and Berries: Wash the fruits and berries thoroughly under cold running water. If you're using fresh fruits, remove any stems, pits, or seeds. For frozen fruits, you can use them directly from the freezer.
- Combine the Ingredients: In a blender, add all the ingredients. You can also add the sweetener at this stage if desired.
- Blend Until Smooth: Cover the blender and blend on high speed until all the ingredients are well combined and the smoothie reaches your desired consistency. If you prefer a thicker and more refreshing smoothie on a hot summer day, you can add some ice cubes and blend again.
- Serve: Pour the smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.
- To make your smoothie thicker, use frozen fruits and berries, and reduce the amount of milk.
- If your blender is struggling to blend the ingredients, you can stop and shake it gently or use a spatula to help incorporate the ingredients before blending again. However, with the indicated amounts of ingredients, it is very unlikely that you'll have any trouble with blending.
- If you want a creamier smoothie, include yogurt as well.
- If you made extra, you can store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for a short period, but it's best to consume smoothies fresh.