This iron-rich smoothie with fresh strawberries and beetroot will energize you and keep you full until lunch time.
Packed with iron-rich ingredients, this smoothie is not only a delightful way to start your day but also a fantastic option for replenishing essential nutrients and promoting overall well-being.
Beet and Strawberry Iron Smoothie Ingredients
To make this bold and beautiful, iron-rich smoothie, you'll need:
- fresh beetroot
- chia seeds
- blended strawberries (or a handful or two of fresh strawberries)
- granola or muesli (we used keto granola for this recipe)
- plain yogurt
- protein powder (optional)
Beet and Strawberry Iron Smoothie
- 1 small beetroot
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 7 tablespoon blended strawberries (or a handful or two of fresh strawberries)
- 100 ml water
- 2 tablespoon granola or muesli (we used keto granola for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (optional)
- Prepare the Ingredients: Wash the strawberries thoroughly under cold running water. Peal the banana, peel and juice the beetroot.
- Combine the Ingredients: In a blender, add all the ingredients. You can also add a sweetener at this stage if desired.
- Blend Until Smooth: Cover the blender and blend on high speed until all the ingredients are well combined and the smoothie reaches your desired consistency. If you prefer a thicker and more refreshing smoothie on a hot summer day, you can add some ice cubes and blend again.
- Serve: Pour the smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.
- Use fresh or frozen banana and strawberries - enjoy this smoothie any season!
- Adjust the amount of water depending on the desired texture. Add more for a more liquid smoothie or reduce to make it thicker.
- Use granola (keto-friendly granola or a regular one) or muesli, depending on your dietary choices and taste.